Our three floors of art and history feature these permanent and temporary exhibits about Irvington history:
Butler University, founded in 1855 as North Western Christian University, was located in Irvington from 1875-1928.
An Indiana mystery.
This permanent exhibit features the cartoons of Kin Hubbard and his well-known character Abe Martin.
The Irvington Depot, located near the intersection of South Audubon and Bonna Avenues, opened in 1873.
This exhibit focuses on Irvington’s seamier side, namely the Ghouls of Irvington.
Learn more about the International Harvester plant that was located on Brookville Rd.
Situated behind the Hilton U Brown home and on a site known as Violet Hill, the school closed its doors to become a charter school in 1995.
As the school closed, alumni gathered class flags, photos, plaques and sports memorabilia. That collection feeds a changing display of memories.
Irvington residents were involved in American warfare from the Civil War to Atomic testing at Bikini Atoll.