T.C. Howe High School
Thomas Carr Howe High School was one of the achievements of Irvington’s Union of Clubs. Irvington was intent on obtaining a local high school – from 1902 when one was promised as part of the annexation package, through 1928 when the vacant Butler campus was considered, but Howe finally opened its doors in 1938.
Situated behind the Hilton U Brown home and on a site known as Violet Hill, the school closed its doors to become a charter school in 1995. As the school closed, alumni gathered class flags, photos, plaques and sports memorabilia. That collection feeds a changing display of memories, shown at the Bona.